LIC Aadhaar Shila Plan (Plan No: 944) is a non-linked insurance plan, with profits and regular premium paying endowment plan. This plan is a combination plan which offers both savings as well as protection.
LIC Aadhaar Shila Plan
LICs Aadhaar Shila Plan is primarily for female policyholders having Aadhaar cards provided by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). This is a Loyalty Addition based plan and does not require any medical tests.
This plan also provides financial assistance to the policyholder’s family in the event of his/her miserable death even during maturity period and if the policyholder survives the policy term a fixed sum assured is paid at the time of maturity.
Features of Aadhaar Shila Plan
- Auto cover facility.
- Female Only Plan.
- Low premium plan.
- Loyalty Addition will be paid additionally if the death occurs after 5 years, whereas normal insurance coverage will equal to Basic Sum Assured.
- Critical illness benefits are not available under this plan.
- Loan facility but only after completion of 3 years.
- LIC’s Accidental Rider and Permanent Disability Rider are available.
- Revival of lapsed policy within 2 years of first unpaid premium.
- Paid premiums are exempted from income tax under Section 80C.
- Maturity amount is tax-free under Section 10 (10D).
|Age at Entry||8 Years (Completed)|
|Maximum Age at Entry||55 (Nearest Birthday) Calculate your Age|
|Minimum Term||10 Years|
|Maximum Term||20 Years|
|Maximum Age at Maturity||70 Years (Nearest Birthday)|
|Sum Assured||Minimum Rs. 75,000 and Maximum Rs. 3,00,000|
|Premium Paying Mode||Yearly, Half Yearly, Quarterly & Monthly (SSS and NACH Only)|
|Premium Mode Rebate||Yearly-2%|
|Premium Mode Rebate||Yearly-2%
Quarterly and monthly-Nil
- On survival of year term, Maturity Amount=Basic Sum Assured+Loyalty Addition.
During and after the expiry of Auto Cover Period under a paid-up policy:
- The Sum Assured on Maturity under a paid-up policy will be equated to such an amount called “Maturity Paid-up Sum Assured” which will be payable to Life Assured surviving till the end of the policy term.
- In addition to the Maturity Paid-up Sum Assured, Loyalty Addition, if any, will also be payable on maturity.
- Maturity Paid-Up Sum Assured=[(Number of Premiums Paid/Total Number of Premiums Payable)x(Sum Assured on Maturity)]
Also Read :
- On death during the first five years of the policy:
Death claim amount will be equal to 110% of Basic Sum Assured.
- On death after 5 years of the policy and before maturity:
Death claim amount will be equal to 110% Basic Sum Assured+Loyalty Addition (LA).
During Auto Cover Period under a paid-up policy:
Death benefit will be paid after deduction of
- the unpaid premium(s) in respect of the base policy with interest thereon upto the date of death, and
- the balance premium(s) for the base policy falling due from the date of death and before the next policy year, if any.
After the expiry of Auto Cover Period under a paid-up policy:
The Sum Assured on Death under a paid-up policy will be equated to such an amount called “ Death Paid-up Sum Assured” which will be payable to Life Assured surviving till the end of the policy term.
- In addition to the Death Paid-up Sum Assured, Loyalty Addition, if any, will also be payable on maturity.
- Death Paid-Up Sum Assured=[(Number of Premiums Paid/Total Number of Premiums Payable)x(Sum Assured on Death)]
Additional Benefits of LIC Aadhaar Shila
If the full premium has been paid for at least 5 years and has the policy has completed 5 years, then the plan is eligible for Loyalty Addition at the time of exit during the policy term or maturity for which the policy is in force. Loyalty addition is also considered during Special Surrender Value Calculation on surrender of the policy during the term, only if the full premium has been paid for at least for 5 years.
Optional Accidental Benefit Rider
Policyholders who are above 18 years of age have the option of availing LIC’s Accidental Benefit Rider along with this plan, which will provide the policyholder, an additional amount equal to the Basic Sum Assured in case of death caused due to an accident. The Sum Assured avialable in this rider will not exceed the amount of the Basic Sum Assured.
Date of Commencement of Risk
Under this plan, the risk will commence immediately from the date of inception of the policy. The date of commencement of risk also includes minor lives of the family i.e. children. This is an add-on perk offered by the plan that makes it more efficient and beneficial for a secure future of the family.
Payment of Premiums
Premium under this policy can be paid in intervals in the form of yearly, half-yearly, quarterly and monthly, where monthly premium can only be through NACH or salary deduction during the term of the policy. A grace period of one month but not less than 30 days is allowed for payment of yearly or half-yearly or quarterly premiums and 15 days for monthly premiums.
A revival period of 2 years is given to the assured from the date of first unpaid premium but before the date of maturity. This happens when the policy gets lapsed if the premium is not paid by the end of the grace period. The policy can be revived by paying all due premium along with interest at such rate as fixed by the Corporation at the time of the payment, subject to the submission of satisfactory evidence of continued insurability.
All the benefits under the policy will cease after the expiry of the grace period and nothing will be paid if the premiums have not been paid for at least 3 years. In case of premiums fully paid for 3 years and any subsequent premium is not duly paid, then the policy won’t be ceased but continued as a paid-up policy. Although, Auto Cover Period will be applicable under the plan.