It’s election time in India and the focus has shifted to Voter ID Card. What is a Voter ID Card? Also known as Election Card, a Voter ID Card is government issued identity card. The Election Commission of India is authorised to issue a Voter ID to eligible Indian citizens. Apart from working as identity proof, this card allows a person to cast their vote in Indian elections. If you are a citizen of India and are 18 years or more, you are eligible to apply for Voter ID . If you are a registered voter, you will be able to Download Voter Id Card Online.
Download Voter Id Card Online
The Voter ID Card is an important document for every Indian citizen over 18 years of age, which is issued by the Election Commission of India. Traditionally, the card, also called Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC), came in a black and white print carrying personal details and photographs of the individual that was often not easily recognisable. To address this issue, the ECI provides an option for people to get a revamped coloured EPIC.
Like the old version, the colour voter card will also contain the photo, name, address, date of birth, a hologram sticker, a unique serial number and a stamped signature of the issuing authority. A voter card is not just useful for casting votes in an election, but also acts as an identity proof or proof of age and address.
The colour Voter ID card will be issued to first-time voters as well as existing voters. Individuals who need to rectify mistakes in their old voter cards can also apply for the Colour Voter ID card. Anyone who wants to replace their old black and white voter cards can do so through online or offline means. Individuals will be required to pay a fee of Rs 30 to get the new Colour Download Voter Id Card Online
How to download Voter ID Card online
- Visit the official election website
- Click on Form6 to “Apply online for registration of new voter ID” which will give you an option to apply as a new voter
- After you proceed as a new user, you will asked to enter basic details like your name, age, and gender
- Please note that you will be asked to enter your residential address, and marital status.
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter the details of two people who will vouch for you. You will be asked to enter their personal information and Voter ID details.
- Once you have completed all the above steps, you will be asked to attach all the supporting documents like your identity proof and address proof to complete the enrollment process.
- You will then get a n application number on your phone and registered email ID.
- You can use your application number to check you Voter ID.
- Once it is uploaded in the website, you can click on the “Download” button to get a copy of your newly generated election card.
Important Link :
Can I download a soft copy of my voter ID?
- No, a person can not download his or her voter ID online due to the inclusion of hologram in it.
- A person can see all the information mentioned in his or her voter ID by logging on to the website http://electoralsearch.in/ .
- The visitor can search for the details mentioned on his or her voter ID card by entering the birth date, gender, state of residence or the EPIC number.
Go ahead and grab a copy of your Voter ID. It’s time to cast a vote!
Also Read : Sandesh News – Epaper Download And Live News